The Value of a PSO
Tuesday, December 4, 2:00pm EST / 11:00am PST [PASSED]
- Dave Biemesderfer, president & CEO, United Philanthropy Forum
- Tatiana Hernandez, senior program officer, The Kresge Foundation, Art & Culture Program
Session 8 of the 2018 Webinar Series.
A recording of this presentation is available here.
Philanthropy-serving organizations (PSOs), often referred to as affinity organizations (AO) or membership organizations (MO), hold a unique position in the nonprofit-sector. These types of organizations gather insights and aggregate information on both the nonprofit field and the funder-response to those needs. Grantmakers in the Arts (GIA) provides information, resources, and leadership to funders of artists and arts organizations. A 2017 United Philanthropy Forum study revealed that national and regional PSOs reported a median 93 percent membership renewal rate, but why?
Join us on December 4 to hear from David Biemesderfer, president and CEO, United Philanthropy Forum and Tatiana Hernandez, senior program officer, The Kresge Foundation and a GIA board member. They will discuss the value of membership organizations, their impact, and why you should be a part of one!
For the deaf or hard of hearing, live captioning is available by request. Please contact Sherylynn Sealy, GIA program manager, at least three (3) business days prior to the webinar to request live captioning.
- “(Un)precedented: Philanthropy Takes Action in the First Year of a New Political Reality” Report, by TCC Group
- “Peer to Peer: At the Heart of Influencing More Effective Philanthropy” Report, by William & Flora Hewlett Foundation
- “In Today’s Complex and Uncertain Times, Philanthropy Associations and Networks Are More Vital Than Ever,” NCRP “Responsive Philanthropy” Journal
- “U.S. Foundation Funding for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Infrastructure, 2004-2015,” by William & Flora Hewlett Foundation and Foundation Center
- “2018 Key Metrics for Philanthropy-Serving Organizations” Report, by United Philanthropy Forum
- “Advancing Racial Equity in Philanthropy: A Scan of Philanthropy-Serving Organizations,” by United Philanthropy Forum